Sunday, November 3, 2013

Second Week of Color Challenge

Challenge #72 is a color challenge.   You may use any image or create anything you like as long as it has a "Purple and Yellow" theme.  If you are looking for a shortcut to my challenges, look at the top of my sidebar and click on the current challenge theme.  It will take you directly there as I usually post a number of times between challenge posts.
Vicki
I made a gate card from purple cardstock and used pieces from a flash card project.  Having these on hand really helped in making a card in a hurry.  The image from Jelly Park Digitals were colored with Copic  makers. 

Michele
Purple and yellow may not be the traditional colors for Halloween but since I was given this cute little Jelly Park Digitals witch for my DT creation I colored her in purple promarkers and set her up with yellow and purple papers and then added my Halloween elements.  It is nice to break from tradition and work with unusual color combinations sometimes.  I hope you will join the color challenge!
Hazel
The image is Jelly Park 'vase of flowers' coloured with spectrum noir, with various gems added. The background was created with my gelli plate, using a stencil for the white area.
Krisha
I chose to hand draw and paint the card front this week using the purple and yellow challenge colors.
Petra
An adorable little witch from our sponsor JellyPark. She dressed well for the occasion, colouring in Yellow and Purple using Copics. The image is layered on patterned paper, the tag embellished with a chipboard sparkly star, some ribbons and letter stickers
Barbara
Using the Opulent Ovals I cut a frame in the Elegant Eggplant and popped it up on the patterned paper which is from a dsp pad from Stampin'up. The patterned paper was layered on a yellow base. I haven't decided if it will be a get well or a birthday card so didn't put a sentiment on the label punched piece. I added a few rhinestones to finish it.
 
My image: Vase of Flowers. I decided on yellow flowers and a purple vase .
My pencils did the colouring, glitter glue add some bling and a purple bow ties it all together
The yellow and purple mat is from my stash.
 
A BIG "Thank You" to Jelly Park Digitals for sponsoring my challenge.

 

2 comments:

  1. Awesome, I couldn't tell it was a gatefold card but a fabulous idea for this image. Have to love it when things just go together quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colouring, Vicki - beautiful card. x

    ReplyDelete